Saturday, February 16, 2008

Turning 50

I have been sick since February 13th. Bad sore throat, bad cold, and now I think I have bronchitis. A funny prelude to turning 50 on th 28th. My husband sent flowers to work on the 14th that he had gotten from each of my grandchildren. Beautiful thought and I really appreciated it. He knows I miss them very much. My grandsons live about 700 miles away and my one and only granddaughter lives about 1900 miles away. So turning 50 without my family and extended family just won't be the same but hey, you can't change the fact that 50 will get here no matter what or where I am.

But I do want to have a great 2008. So I am keeping my chin up (both of them) and trying to keep physically active. Can't get into that groove yet but am working on it. I'm told I don't look like a woman about to be 50 so that makes me feel good.

I have crush on Michael Buble. Yes, it's true A CRUSH! But nothing that I would act upon. For one thing I could be his MOTHER. I would like to see him in concert some day. Who knows maybe this is the year I will. He is just fabulous. Reminds me of the old crooners but even better. For one thing he's very kind and very sure of what he wants in life. And also very human. He fears rejection like the rest of us. My favorite song by him is EVERYTHING.

Whoever reads this may think it's boring but it's me. So please be kind and tell me Happy 50th Birthday! Please??

Now go and serve someone!

No comments: