Friday, April 25, 2014

I Am A Follower of Christ

I knew a person who was a fine example of being a follower of Christ. His name was Al Noble. He passed away on Good Friday of last week. How fitting that he would die on such a beautiful day of holiness. Al was our "go to" guy when you needed something done like feeding people. He was one of our great pillars of the church and to family and community. His Celebration of Life was just a few days ago and I still cannot believe he is gone. I do celebrate my friend, Al. I do want to be like him: always there for any kind of event helping out in any way possible.
It's going to be a long time before we all feel some kind of normalness again. Al was a daily presence in a lot of people's lives at our church. Our minister, Amy Covington, will feel his loss the most. I believe he was like her wingman in a lot of ways.
Al, you will never know how great an impact your life made on this earth. God knew you before even time began - your life was in his hand...goodbye my friend. I will do my best to be a follower of Christ all the days of my life that I am blessed to live until I, too, get called home to glory.


No comments: