Wednesday, December 3, 2008

How Will I Get it All Done?

Our basement project is well under way. We spent 20 plus hours last weekend priming 1200 sq feet of drywall and ceilings! We've been arguing about colors to put on the walls. One night it got so bad I had to leave to clear my mind before I would say something I would regret. As I drove around town I talked to God about my situation. I admitted that I couldn't believe we were arguing over COLOR!!!! I asked God to forgive me for my shortcomings toward Mike and also I asked God to open Mike's heart to listen to what I was saying and not holding it against me like I was totally disagreeing with him. It's just that I had an opinion other than his and it snowballed into stupidity on both parts!!! Human ego, man!!!



Believe it or not, when I walked back into the house he was calmer. I was calmer. He approached me to go back down to the basement and take a look at some colors. First I went into the bedroom and picked out some of my sweaters of different colors and then joined him in the basement and asked him to tell me what colors did he favor? It was a little bit of a process but we actually both gave in to some colors that either of us had not previously thought we'd like to use. Sooooooo, we bought the paint tonight, went downstairs and put a few strokes on the wall and guess what? He doesn't like the main color we chose. But I think it will grow on him once the paint is on. I will have some pics to show what I mean.



How will I get it all done? What I am talking about is getting all the stuff we took from the basement to the upstairs of our home - our living space actually is so full of this and that and I'm wondering how in the world will it all come together before December 20th? That is the day my son and his family are coming home to be with us for Christmas. Will you say a prayer for us? I need wisdom to handle the how to's and where for's as to what is going and what is staying in the basement???



Next on my mind is my Uncle Calvin. He is dying. His family is at his bedside now just waiting for his death. How I know that feeling. How I wish I could take their pain. But God is working good in spite of all of this. How, you ask? I have another wonderful uncle who has been the main ingredient to God's recipe of hope. My Uncle John emails several of us and keeps comments sent to him, prayers, encouragement to Uncle Calvin and to his family, and forwards all of this each day. I have cousins I didn't know I had who have sent lovely words of love and prayers. I know Uncle Calvin is receiving the blessings as is his girls and lovely wife of many years. This is the good stuff that life is made of - the tragedy along with the blessing. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. Nothing. Not even grief.



I pray that anyone who reads my post today is filled with compassion and prays for this family right now. I'm taking it one day at a time. Will you do the same?

No comments: