Saturday, May 8, 2010

My Lament

God, some days I feel like I am being whipped back and forth from one emotion to the next.
I’m afraid I won’t be able to hold on to the faith that I claim I have!
What is this dark power that seems to move into my life with such destruction in my soul?
I don’t understand me, how can you?
All I want, is to know You are working out a good thing in my life!
I will wait to hear from You. I will pray for Your grace to show me the way back to You.
Father, please forgive me when I am impatient when waiting upon You to answer my whines and whimpers.
You died for my sins.
I will never understand that kind of Love.
But I thank you for what it’s done for my life.
So let that dark power try to come against me ~ it’s won’t take me, Lord.
I have your promise that you are with me always until the very end.
I lift my hands in praise to you for your divine love, grace, and forgiveness.
Please grant me peace that surpasses all understanding.

No comments: