Monday, May 3, 2010

When We Wrestle With Doubt

Today I attended the funeral. One of my co-workers, Chris, lost his parents on April 25th in a tragic motorcycle accident 500 miles away from here. Chris is 20 years old and has three siblings and the youngest is 11. Can anybody say "ORPHAN"? Oh my this has just thrown me into a tizzy with God. Everything I believe in has been tested this past week. As I was having my breakfast, I began conversing with God. This conversation ended up with me crying my eyes out asking God why did he have to do this to those poor children? So if I'm asking those questions, me, a seasoned believer, I know those kids are really being tossed around in the pit of hell! Or maybe not... maybe it's just me feeling sorry for them. Well, God did let me say my peace. For that I give thanks to Him for being an understanding God. He knows we can't comprehend these things. It's not for us to understand but it is for us to believe He has a plan and through this terrible thing He has a good purpose for those people who have been touched by this accident. It's not an accident at all. It was supposed to happen. Why? That's the mystery. That's why we are called "believers." We believe in that which we cannot see, we cannot touch, we cannot taste. And when we cannot wrestle with God anymore we simply trust Him, one day at a time...

No comments: