Monday, June 21, 2010

IT REALLY HAPPENED - Or was it a bad dream?

Pastor Mahan is now officially retired. And I am reeling in emotions right now. This is the "day after". Tears were held back yesterday - it was a very emotionally draining day. It was bittersweet and am so glad I got to be a part of the whole process of the party we threw for him. He is someone who I will NEVER- EVER- NOT- EVER forget. For ten years he was our leader, friend, confidant, whatever his people needed he became. How do you let someone like that go? Emotionally that is? I'm still trying to figure out what my life will be like not seeing him on Sundays ever again. Am I pining? Yes, I guess I am. He was a big brother to me. He was like a special friend. He was like... like... everything a person needs to become a better person. Hang on... I'm trying to... I'm not sure how... I'm trying to... I'll be ok. Eventually... I'm always ok, eventually.

May God richly bless his life, his marriage, his new home, his new friends, his boat...

So be it.

No comments: