Thursday, February 24, 2011

Almost Birthday Time!

I will soon be 53. Very soon. I cannot believe everything I have been blessed with in my young life - LOL~ yes I have been blessed by God in many ways.
Recently, my oldest son and his wife have separated. They have 2 little girls and a baby boy soon to be born in May. I do not understand why they cannot make their marriage work. I am mad as hell. I want to tell it like it is to both of them. But God tells me to stay calm and let Him do his thing as only He can do. So be it.
So happy birthday to me... then my other son and his family are moving even farther away from us... double whammy! But again, God will take care of this as well.
My health is very good at the moment. I am having a little trouble with some back issues so I am going to seek my Dr.'s opinion tomorrow and see what is going on. Probably disc problems... or something else. I don't know so asking for prayers from my followers... ok?
Yesterday, as I was speaking to my sister, I said to her, "You know what, sis? We thought last year was a rough one... I have a sinking feeling this year is going to top it." She agreed. We still have our aging parents, thank you Jesus, but it's getting harder to manage their lives. But they took care of me for many years and I will take care of them the best way I know how. Dad's alzheimers is getting progressively worse but he still knows all of us so for that I am so thankful. Thinking about how I used to be able to ask Dad about "stuff" and getting his wonderful remarks has made me feel so sad and long for his ideas and opinions and life stories... I miss my dad... he's still here but he is not daddy anymore... my daddy has been gone for several years. Gosh I miss those conversations... Help me Jesus I pray.
My mom's health is not so wonderful. I feel the burden of her caring for dad is taking a toll much more than we realize. I feel sorry for her. I know it's a difficult thing to live it. But because I still must work 40 hrs a week I cannot help with the things she has to do. Like put him to bed each night and wonder if he will stay there or wander around. For now he has not been doing that thanks to some meds the dr. prescribed. But he does get "sundowners" where he imagines things like instead of the 2 dogs they have he's always missing 2 more "little black dogs".... not sure where that comes from - they have never had any black dogs... maybe it's something from childhood? Or he imagines they are still in Florida where they used to have a place. Or... or...
Poor mom. That's a great love she has for him. Thank you Jesus.
Just taking it one day at a time...

No comments: