Monday, November 28, 2011

Who am I ?

Genealogy has been something I've toyed with occassionally. I don't have time to devote to it but I believe when I retire I will definitely look into making a big plunge.


Recently, I've discovered some long lost relatives but they don't seem to want to know me so I will keep plugging away. I may possibly be related to King Henry the IV on my maternal side. If I can prove it I shall start calling myself Queenie... nice ring!

My paternal grandfather was very interested in genealogy and he had a lot of information that sat around and not until after his death did anything get done with it. My dad's oldest brother put together a family history of sorts and now my dad's sister, who lives in Switzerland, is putting together all kinds of great information and stories of long ago. She's very devoted to this art of finding out who "we" are. I love her and admire her tenacity. She gets the job done that is for sure.

I'm going to start putting together all that I have for now so that my children can begin to understand who and where we all came from and what makes us who we are! It's an exciting journey and I hope to post more soon - at least after the holidays; who knows I could be related to YOU!

Hang in there friends and foes... whoever you are... take it one day at a time...

No comments: