Sunday, November 18, 2012

Laid off

Yes I am laid off of work at Schnitz Racing. I have been employed there for almost 15 years and have never been laid off from this place. Is the economy that bad? No, I believe I was laid off because the owner didn't handle his finances very well and it has caught up to him and unfortunately to those of us he's laid off. But he and his wife will still be taking their big cousin's trip and not give a thought to what the other employees are doing - the unemployment check we receive is so little. But at least we get something while we wait to be hired back I just needed to blow off some pent up steam.

I am keeping my eyes and ears peeled for a new job all together. A friend of mine said to watch for VA jobs opening up soon. But I don't have any kind of a degree and I'm soon to be 55 - who wants to hire an old fart like me? Sure I have skills! But I have no degree. Just a degree from life experiences. Doesn't that count for anything? I pray it does.

Keep me in your prayers, please?
One day at at time....

No comments: