Monday, April 12, 2010

The Wind Beneath My Wings

When I was a young girl it seems life wasn't going anywhere fast. I was having a blast playing outside, riding a bicycle, playing baseball with my dad and siblings, making mud pies, running through the sprinkler on a hot and humid day... I could go on and on. But then you grow up and become responsible and you begin to think of others more.

We lived next door to my 5 girl cousins. We called them the T's: Teresa, Tina, Tammy, Tonya, and Twyla. I was Tina's age and we went through school together. My brothers went to school with Teresa and the other girls were a couple of years behind us. My dear sweet Teresa just lost her oldest daughter this past week. Her name was Tara. She was a light that always shined. Thirty-five years old ~ gone... She made some bad decisions in her youth and paid for those actions dearly. But in the end she gave life to the fullest and loved deeply those around her during her darkest days. She was baptised approximately 5 hours before she lost her battle. Her funeral was this past weekend. I always dread those things but am always blessed from the things that are said about the people who have just passed. She was an amazing artist. Both on the canvas and off. Remarkable talent! I feel so deeply sad for my cousin, Teresa, and her husband Phil and the youngest daughter, Trisha. You know the song, The Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler? Well, that would describe the relationship between Trisha and Tara. Tara was the one with all the boyfriends...

Here is a pic of Tara - the only one I could find and I didn't know I had one! She has the sun glasses on. Teresa has on the black and white print shirt. Rest in Peace, Tara.


No comments: